New?

Nothing is new. I live for weekends right now. J's working the night-shift. I see him for about 30 minutes before he hits the sack in the morning. I try to keep Marley out of the house or quiet. THAT is tricky!! Especially when she knows that her dad is in the bedroom. She pounds on the door and throws tantrums because she wants to go in and see him. It's a bit lonely. I'll be happy when this rotation is over.

As for Marley...she falls down, runs into walls (on accident), hits her head and doesn't even cry. Although, a few days ago she did fall down and scrape her knee. She has a big scab and every time she sees it she whimpers and points to it and wants me to touch it. We lovingly call her our princess :) BUT, when she doesn't get what she wants she screams, cries, kicks, and yells letting us know that her world is ending.



Yesterday I got out of the shower to find Jared lying on the floor with Marley sitting on his tummy looking at a book and singing. (Marley was singing) Precious. She adores her daddy. Today she decided she wanted to wear his socks around for a while.


Last weekend we did a luau fundraiser for girls camp. It ended up being pretty fun--and a lot of work. Glad it's over.

Comments

  1. Cute. I sure hope we get to experience having a girl in our family one of these days. Boys are definitely fun too.
    It is good to see you guys are hanging in there and doing well. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what's your calling? I get the impression you are working with YW again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Shipp, all sounds very familiar. Especially the kicking and screaming...ya know the joy of parenting:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Al- I'm the 2nd counselor in YW. ha ha...yeah I am always in young women's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so glad to see that you blogged!! We can't wait to play with Marley tomorrow!!!! YEAH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marley has such a little personality to her, what a cutie! Love the pictures with the socks on, aren't they so funny how they do the most random things to be like Mommy or Daddy?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for telling Camille of Thimble Blossoms that I sent you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at that green green GREEN grass! Ohhh, how wonderful. And I must say I've always been a sucker for palm trees. Lovin' AZ, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the picture of Marlee wearing Jared's socks.
    Dallin has a bit of an obsession with socks! He will wear any socks he can find, no matter how big or small.
    Marlee is just SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have thought a year has passed since I've been on your blog just because Marley looks so grown up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marley looks cute in her swimming suit. I hope you surivie Jared's hard rotation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heidi,

    I'm so sorry about the night float. Dell did that for a month while we were in our apartment and it was horrible. We had to leave the house everyday. Some mornings we had to leave at 6 in the morning. We spent a lot of time wandering the aisles of home depot. I'm glad that rotation is over. Good luck!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts