RaNdOm

Random facts about me--yes, I've been tagged. I really don't know how many or how weird so here we go.

1. I hate clowns. I had a recurring nightmare when I was young about clowns kidnapping me from gymnastics. I never told my mom although I woke up lots of nights sweating and would fall asleep in the hallway. For my 5th birthday party my mom hired clowns to make it special. She made it a surprise. When they arrived, I freaked out. I hid and sobbed through the party. I think my mom cried too.



2. I wear perfume to bed.
3. I was a really helpful little kid--probably the annoying teacher-pet kind.


4. I started doing my own hair (which translated to doing my own bangs since it was the 80's) when I was in kindergarten. I began most days in tears because it didn't turn out how I envisioned. I would never let my mom help even when I repeatedly burned myself.


5. I cried a lot as a little girl. I once tied my shoelaces together on the way to school so that I could trip and fall down and better explain my crying. No, my parents did not beat me. I was just a very emotional little girl. I thought falling would be a good reason to be crying. I tied them together, but couldn't fall down and then couldn't untie them. I was really late for school and had to have my teacher untie my shoelaces.

6. I always wanted to be a gymnast. Now, I can't even touch my toes.

7. I smile at odd times. I can't help it. I smiled at the doctor when he told me I had a tumor.

8. I hate clutter on my counters but my drawers are usually in disarray.

9. I love pedicures, manicures, massages...

10. I played a lot of sports in high school, but the girls on the volleyball & softball teams nicknamed me cheerleader.

11. 3 of my siblings are adopted. I always thought that was really cool and haven't been closed to the idea of adopting someday.

12. I have my husband read most of my important e-mails before i send them. I am too direct at times. He helps me put things in a more p.c. way.

13. I eat sushi with my fingers.

14. I love to exercise.

15. My husband is my best friend.

16. I'm the opposite of a pack-rat and often throw things away that I should keep.

17. I have been cliff jumping.

18. Playing the piano, running, and talking ..and sometimes shopping are good emotional outlets for me.

19. I scuba dived at the Great Barrier Reef but I'm kinda scared of water.

20. I'm stubborn at times. When I was a little girl I wouldn't eat and got really dehydrated. At the hospital they gave me a choice between eating a bag of skittles or gettingt an i.v. I refused to eat the skittles and stayed overnight at the hospital. I don't remember this...I wonder what I was thinking?

21. I read magazines and look at catalogues backwards. I actually read most things bottom to top.

22. I'm a good site-reader. This was a crutch in my private piano lesson years but it has been helpful in my adult years.

24. I almost got my driver's license revoked when I was 19. I had just had surgery and couldn't go in to court.

25. In high school I once got 2 speeding tickets in the same week.

26. I used to hang-up if I called my friends and someone other than them answered the phone.

27. I never went through a "boys have cooties" stage. I always liked them.

28. I like fast-moving card games...especially when I win.

29. I make-up songs a lot--silly songs and I sing them around the house. My husband didn't know this about me until we got married.

30. I bite my husband's bum when I get the chance.

Comments

  1. That's a cute picture of Jared as a little boy in that knitted hat! p.s. thanks for the pretzel recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew we made good friends. Reading your list I realize how much we have in common, except the bit about Jared's bum. You couldn't pay me enough money to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun to read... I knew most of it about you. Although I would have preferred to not know what you do to Jared's bum. I do remember almost like it was yesterday...picking you up to walk to school and your face was bright red and splotchy from all the tears that morning. I remember Bon and I trying to cheer you up all the way to school. What if Marley does that to you Heidi??? Oh Boy!

    Looking at your header comparing pics, I can't believe how much Marley looks like you Heidi. Maybe Jareds eyes...but I don't think much else looks like him??? Is this right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh MY Gosh...Jared looks EXACTLY the same as he did in the bottom picture!!!! :) Cute header--fun to look at!
    I love fast moving cards games too! Only problem, Matt doesn't so I have to wait till my mom or brother come in to town to get my Nertz fix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wear perfume to bed too. Often, I shower at night so I can go to bed all fresh and clean. So, I had to read #30 about four times because I couldn't believe what I was reading...you bite Jared's bum?!! Oh, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember when I first met you and Jared and you would prod people in the butt when they were not looking (Alan at the time). It made me think I needed to watch my back ;). I love ya Heidi. Hope we can come visit you three soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clowns scare me too! They are in no way "cute" or "funny", just psychotic looking. That's fun to read about you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whenever I think of 80's hairstyles, I never envision a 5 year old. I hope you have some photos of your high fashion grade school years.
    I think there is some opportunity for some analysis of the reading magazines backwards thing. My first thought was weird, then my next thought is there must be some brilliant genius to that somehow. hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So . . . about the biting bum thing; and the p.c. method of disclosing this little tidbit would be - ?

    All in good fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. cindi-

    Haha. That's true. I obviously don't have him read my blog postings before they're posted! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts