Happy Valentine's Day!



Valentine's Day 2005.



Just remembering the past---this was a pretty fun Valentine's Day.

We don't have pictures from this year's V-Day, but we had a great time. I was planning to go get a little something for Jared that day, but Marley ended up taking a 3.5 hour nap after our morning at the train park (which was really fun by the way). By the time she woke up I had just enough time to go get the babysitter and get back in time for Jared and I to catch our reservation for Sapporo (sushi here we come!) So, while Marley was sleeping I filled Jared's gift bag with "i love u" notes all of things that I love about him. I think there ended up being a little more than 25 notes. It was kinda fun later that night when we sat down together to open gifts and we read them together.




Sapporo is a story in itself. It has a really cool atmosphere - waterfalls dripping down the outside of the building, loud music inside with low lighting with a moderin-designed interior. It's fun just to be there. One quirk (about the design) is that it has the women's and men's restrooms are on opposite sides of the restraunt. I was standing near the men's restroom waiting for Jared...not paying much attention to anything around me. This girl walks past me and before I knew it she had run into the mirrors facing the men's bathroom door, thinking it was an entrance. It was hilarious and I only felt a little bit guilty that I hadn't paid attention and warned her ahead of time. I giggled all the way out of the restaurant.



Jared and I love sushi. We don't go very often but felt that V-day was a good excuse to go. J was able to get off work early so we could still hit the "happy hour" menu (1/2 off). We were both SO hungry when we got there. To order at this particular restraunt, they give you a paper menu and you mark everything you want. We started marking up the menu and went a little crazy! We ordered SO MUCH sushi. We didn't even realize how much we had ordered until they started bringing it out. Our table was full of sushi plates and I was a little embarassed by all of our food. We definitely ate our fill and had a great time sampling new types. If you're wondering what exactly I mean by "a lot" of sushi, let me give you the run-down (if I can remember):







  • burger & fries



  • coconut shrimp (4 pieces)



  • salmon (4 pieces)



  • Unagi (4 pieces)



  • white tuna (4 pieces)



  • 4 sushi rolls (8 pieces each)



  • seared ahi (4 pieces)



  • Lettuce Wraps



What were we thinking!!?



Afterwards we caught a movie with some friends and got cold stone ice cream.




This was our (marley & me) present from Jared. It's Marley's birthstone and I think they're adorable. Oh, my mom sent Marley the outfit she's wearing. I'll have to get a better pic of it - it's adorable.






Comments

  1. The bracelets are really cute! I love that color of red on jewelry, how thoughtful of Jared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice thing to do. Jared is very clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun Valentine's celebration. We both really like sushi but haven't had any for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be laughing the whole way out of there too... then later it would have dawned on my I should have warned her. BUt only for a few seconds, because the laugh was well worth it - I can tell. Is that bad!?!? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts