Super Moist Chocolate Cake

My mom called and wanted me to send her this recipe, so I decided to post it. For Marley's birthday I wanted to make a chocolate cake---not one from the box like I usually do. I found this recipe and it was seriously the best chocolate cake I've ever had. :) Jared and I ate it in like 3 days.

1 3/4 Cup Flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 canola oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup boiling water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Use 2 nine-inch cake pans. Flour and butter them.

Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, soda, baking powder and salt and set aside. Combine the eggs, milk, oil, vanilla and beat well. Slowly add the boiling water and mix. Add the wet to the dry and fold until smooth. Pour into pans and bake for 30-35 minutes.

Simple and yummy!

Comments

  1. Sounds yummy! I'll have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll just call you Suzy Homemaker. I wish I liked to bake more, cause I really like eating baked goods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Heidi, I just stared a really serious diet today. I couldn't look at the recipe! But I'm sure it was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to try this! Maybe for Nolan's 1st birthday tommorrow! YIKES!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts