Loot

Marley pretty much increased her toy collection exponentially between Christmas and her birthday. We had a hard time figuring out what to get her. Here's a run-down of the good and bad presents she received this year. Next year I think we're going to go with used cell phones and cardboard boxes!


She got this cow xylophone for her birthday. She LOVED this toy right off. Definitely a winner. The train in the background has gotten minimal use. I think she will like this as she gets a bit older. Right now she'll walk past it and beep the horn and walk on.

Ball popper. She got this one for Christmas and was scared of it at first. She would go over, steal a ball and then take off. She's finally gotten the hang of it and loves it.

Gma and Gpa got this for Marley's birthday. The first time I put the doll in the stroller for her, she grabbed it and threw it on the ground. She still does that. Once I showed her that the baby could do patty-cake, she warmed up to her. But...I still think it's going to be some time before this is a favorite toy.

She didn't get this for Christmas, but pulling everything out of any drawer she finds is still a favorite past-time of hers. Ahhh...my house will never be clutter-free again!

Marley has been enjoying her learning bug although I don't think she's really "learned" anything from it yet. She likes to push the buttons and see it light up and sing songs.

Nana (Jared's mom) also gave Marley some clothes (always nice), a soft pillow and blanket. She carries the pillow and blanket around or anything else she can find that's soft. I find dish towels and blankets strewn all over the house because she likes to hold them up to her face and run around with them.


Comments

  1. I know the feeling about not having a clutter free house. it is so hard to keep it clean

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad she likes the ball popper. The one I got for A., the balls are hammered down and go through a shoot. It is not a quiet toy and Amaya can't even hammer the balls hard enough to get it to work. I should have gone with the one you got.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure one day that stroller and baby will very much be loved. At my house, all Callie wanted was "dolly stuff and baby stuff." That stroller was the best money I ever spent. She continually pushes it around and is hands down her favorite toy!! I am still battling the pulling clothes out of drawers. Callie is the worst!! Caden does it too, but at least when they are a bit older, you can make them clean it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like Marley got some good stuff. She'll probably come around to the stroller, it's one of Kaiya's favorites. The older she gets the more she wants to copy everything we do, so babies and baby things are a big hit right now. Isn't it overwhelming sometimes to think about how completely IMPOSSIBLE it is to keep things clean and organized? Drives me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wait until you have two (or more i'm sure) kids... I feel like every birthday and christmas we get so many toys I dont have a clue where to put them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Jayme...now after every holiday/bday I feel like we need to make a D.I. run to make room for anything else...and then they get a little older the toys seem to have all kinds of little parts and pieces that are strewn everywhere!!! It drives me bonkers! Lexi is just barely getting into the baby stuff. I'm sure Marley will like in time as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just enjoy that you can buy toys for presents - even if they're noisy. Teenagers seem to want very expensive electronics. It used to be a lot more fun shopping in the toy aisle or making something on my sewing machine. Now they want $300 cameras, ipods, game systems, instruments, etc, etc, etc. Their wish lists could put us into bankruptcy if we're not careful. But they're just as excited with their electronics as when they were toddlers with their toys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great pictures Heidi! I can't believe how big marley is getting! She is sooooo cute.

    Your blog always looks so great! Tell me your secrets! How do you get your personalized layouts? How do you get more than 4 pictures in one entry? You have the touch girlfriend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks LIndsay :) You can get more than 4 pictures per entry, you just have to upload them 4 at a time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts