I am Legend

I am blaming this movie for my late-night blogging tonight.  When Jared's on-call my imagination has a tendency to run wild.

I don't think Jared's hand will be the same after all the squeezing and clawing I did during this movie.  I thought I was going to have a baby right there in the theater (and I'm not even pregnant).  This is seriously one of the scariest movies I've seen in a long time.  Luckily, I have a great husband who rubbed all the knots out of my neck when we got home.  Going into it I had no idea what it was about other than that Will Smith was in it (I think he's a great actor) and it was some type of end of the world movie.  Will's daughter's name was Marley in this movie---and we thought we were "original" when we named our own daughter Marley.  

They did manage to add some humor to it (how can you not with Will Smith?) but I personally didn't think it was worth all the stress I went through.  All the guys loved it though---so you may not want to take my advice. :)  Just be ware if you're pregnant or prone to get scared easily!

Comments

  1. You can quickly free yourself from the stress of this film by renting (if you can find it!) the original one it was based on - a totally classic Charlton Heston over-acting really miserable special effects making a social statement movie about war, race conflict, gender roles, the meaning of life and just about everything else. It's called "Omega Man".

    You'll laugh so hard you will never be scared of the current version again. Ah, but back in the day - it had me hanging onto David's arm pretty tight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! This movie was so crazy! It's all I thought about for like a day or so after!

    PS Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the warning, I do get scared way to easy! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were thinking about going to this last weekend with Bon and Derek... good thing we didn't. Bonnie would have gotten up and left, I'm afraid! I think I'm still going to have to go though...Todd can't miss a Will Smith flick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED this movie Heidi. Of course, I like to be scared. But Will Smith was pretty great in it, and I thought it was really well done. Kirk had read the book, and he said it was a little different, but just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We enjoyed that movie too. I usually covered my eyes and ears when I think something scary is gonna happen. James jumped a bunched of times. It was a good movie though. I usually don't watch these kinds of movies but it looked good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Remember the part where he goes into the dark building and spotlights the "people" huddled together?...That's when I almost peed my pants! :) I'm glad you did a post about this movie cause it was scary as all get up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We just saw it yesterday. It was a fun movie. It's been awhile since we have seen a scarey movie in the theaters together. I squeezed Gary's hand almost the whole time. I was very jumpy too and I even had to cover my mouth a few times so I could scream. I love Will Smith in movies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this a couple of weeks ago with Shannon. I thought it was very intense, but enjoyed myself. Shannon kept grabbing my arm and we both said we kept forgetting to breath.
    Cindy I'm glad you remember the Omega Man. Everyone else that I told that it was a remake of that movie had never heard of it. I think they thought I was making it up!
    I just saw the Great Debators on Christmas Day. That has some intense scenes too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts