Glad to be Mom


Just takin' a reading break.

Can I just say that babies are such miracles and being a mom is equally as cool. You would think I wouldn't be in such awe seeing how I am the oldest of 7. It's just different when it's your own. I can't get over how quickly she learns new things. I can't get over how unique her personality is. I was always painfully shy growing up---she is the complete opposite. Just today we were at story time at our public library. As soon as it was "playtime" she walked across the room to play with a little girl she spotted and didn't bother to look up at me for the remainder of the time. (Most little kids stay fairly close to their parents.) Oh, not Marley. She was showing the adults the toys that she had found and smiling at the other little kids.


Have I mentioned that this girl likes to dance!? Yes Molly, you have a new dance partner. Most who know Jared will not be surprised at this. She has her favorite dancin' tunes and will stop to bounce to the beat when one comes on.


Oh...and she likes to read. :)


first I have to get them out of the trash can...


these are so AMAZING!
Will someone explain to me why wet diapers are so much fun to my daughter? I did set down the camera in time to take them away before they went in her mouth.


Peeeeek .....


a boo!


now i want to play with your camera
(I just love those lips!)

Comments

  1. I couldn't agree with you more! Being a mom rocks!! Marley is simply adorable!! I love watching my lil Val exploring her world. I'm just soo amazed at how smart these little babies are. Great pics Heidi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the peek a boo pic! I can't wait for Marley and Lex to get to play together now that Marley is a walker... I still can't believe she's walking...gosh times speeds right on by.

    Hey, I heard the brothers were paying you a visit this weekend...so does that mean you're cooking the entire Thanksgiving feast?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is funny how you see other siblings or nieces and nephews grow up but when you see your own child everything is amazing. Marley sounds like she is a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is is it the older Brothers! How much fun!

    I love looking at pictures of Marley. Will she listen to the story at story time. I wont take Gabe because he thinks he can play with the toys as soon as we get there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a little doll that Marley is!! Its so fun being able to watch her grow even if it is over the computer! Love technology:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep Chad and Rhett are coming! We're totally excited. I will be cooking Thanksgiving dinner. But--I know how they all feel about salads and extras (it's fluff!) so it won't be hard at all. Turkey, potatoes, 1 salad, rolls, pies...

    No Marley won't sit and listen at storytime. The storytime at the library is basically singing a few songs together in the beginning and then playing with the toys. I took her to Borders today---that is the last time for a while I'm afraid. She just wanted to run around and play. My little Marley has so much energy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it so awesome to just watch their little minds go?! And see what they come up with and do next?! I love it... Ava was the same way - she's never met a kid or an adult she couldn't get to smile. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have to agree that there is no better blessing than being a mom! Marley is so beautiful! and I know what you mean about the diapers, Dallin loves them too. By the way Heidi, I tagged you!
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, well, I guess I'll have to tell you in private what one of my kids "sampled"....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just a note to say that every Sunday one of my kids comments on how darling Marley is - she's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like Marley keeps you on your toes! Thanks for the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Marley sure is a beautiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts