Oahu : Local Style



My first MALASADA....SO YUMMY! This is a donut-like pastry (only much better) filled with a cream of your choice. My favorite was chocoloate and I ate 3 that day.


Matsomoto's shave ice. Ice cream on the bottom, finely shaved ice, delicious flavors!! I was in heaven. I wanted one on our way back but they were closed .... so sad.


I promise I did share my shave ice.

Speaking of food....when we got to Kauai we had to visit Hamura's Saimin for some local famous saimin. Needless to say it was the epitome of "hole in the wall" but the food lived up to it's reputation. The funny thing about it was that when the bell hop opened my door as we pulled up to the hotel, he immediately recognized my box of food (the box was plain with no logo on it) As I started to walk towards our room, another local commented, "I know where you've been."


Waimea Bay. Jared's favorite beach on Oahu. Famous for the rock that everyone jumps off.


My hot honey at Waimea Bay.

We went to church on Sunday here. Kinda crazy and NO parking.













So, Jared decided to park "local style" on the side walk. I protested, but there were not many options! We had fun cruisin around the island in that car with our top off (car top).

Comments

  1. Car top and top off!!!! Scandalous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're lying Heidi...I know you didn't eat all that food by yourself...if you're not lying, way to go girl. You need to indulge more often!!! You had my mouth watering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys are definitely enjoying the time there. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE matsomoto's shaved ice! Once, on a family trip to Hawaii...we got some shaved ice and my dad said, "now kids, be careful...we don't want to spill anything in the rental car." Just as he said that my COLORFUL shaved ice fell into my lap. I was/am notorious for spilling every meal! Memories!! It looks like you are having a great time. I'm jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jealous! That's all I can say! Looks like fun! Good choice on the car too, even more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous!! I had no idea you were going to Hawaii. How fun for you!! I LOVED Matsomoto's when I was there for school. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. I see. Good thing you clarified specifics about the car...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts