Kalalau Trail: Na Pali Coast


I think we were most excited about hiking this trail along the Na Pali Coast. We hiked 2 miles to the first beach and then another 2 miles up (800 ft. up) to a waterfall. I know 8 miles doesn't sound like a lot, but it was a tough trail...plus I have a zillion mosquito bites but it was well worth it! The coast has been featured on many movies: Jurassic Park, King Kong, and Raiders of the Lost Ark.


Here's the first look-out point along the trail.



Isn't this view amazing?! The coast is only accessible by boat or helicopter.






























Here is the waterfall!

This where the helicopter on Jurassic Park lands. Of course there isn't really a landing pad here. I believe that was digitally added. This is absolutely beautiful!













My "always prepared" husband was sure to bring along his goggles in case there were any cool fish or cool things to see at the bottom of the waterfall. He said there wasn't much there.

Comments

  1. Your hike looks like SO much fun! What a beautiful place. 8 miles to me is A LOT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that IS beautiful! It makes me want to go on a hike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some great pictures! What a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! We were just in Kauai in February... but since I was 8 months pregnant we opted for the helicopter tour of the Na Pali coast... Gorgeous! There is nothing like it. So jealous you got to do the real deal... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's very funny you found our site - I'm impressed! Your family is so cute and I'm VERY jealous of your fun trip! Your daughter is so adorable, it's fun to see how you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to use any means possible to hide in your suitcase on your next trip anywhere. Your life is so exotic and tropical (says the poor shivering man in Minnesota).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts