Labor Day Weekend

My parents couldn't go too long without seeing Marley again, so they decided to come for a visit over Labor Day Weekend. I think they realized when I went out to visit a couple of weeks ago just how quickly she is changing and progressing.

Jared had already volunteered to be an on-call doctor for the ASU Football Game (notice his headset), so my parents, sister, and brother came along. We had seats in the loge section: great seats and lots of food. There's nothing like a good hot dog at a game. Normally I won't even touch hot dogs, but games are a different story. These pictures were taken from some bleachers. It got pretty warm in the loge section and we ended up moving at half-time. Jared's long-time friend, Aaron, is a big Sun Devils fan and made sure we were properly clad with yellow ASU shirts.



Thank you Aaron!




Of course, we did find some time to do a bit of swimming. Marley loved Brock's tricks and that she had the total attention of my mom and Tara. We couldn't have visitors without taking them to one of our favorite spots, Oregano's. Jared thinks that I rate restraunts based on their desserts. I do have to admit that once I tasted Oregano's half-baked chocolate chip cookie with vanilla bean ice cream on top, they did climb a few notches on my favorites list.

We also played nerts (can't be with the Shipp clan without playing that game), grilled out (Jared's famous steaks..yummm), went to church, went to the Mesa Temple Visitor's Center to see the new Joseph Smith movie, and just relaxed and laughed at Marley. Thanks for coming to visit us we had so much fun!


As soon as my family left, we headed out to Lake Pleasant to go waterskiing with some friends from church. It had been a while for Jared and I haven't gotten much lake time myself this year, so we were both SO SORE! It was a lot of fun though.

Comments

  1. Heidi, I love checking your blog - Marley is so so cute and she is getting so big! It looks like you had a fun holiday weekend, it's great that Jared had a little time off to spend with you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fun weekend! We play a card game in the Griffiths family called Pounce, and I think it is the exact same thing as Nerts. Gary's sister's and Mom are VERY good. Actually Gary and I have gotten pretty good at is well I must say! It's an addicting game because it is so fast paced. Maybe we should have a tournament sometime SHipps vs. Griffiths. :) LOL! IF it is the same card game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaron Aimes!!!! What a great guy! I hope you told him hi for me! We need to see you guys again when we get back next month! That little Marley gets cuter with every update. What a love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great time! Heidi you look sexy as ever in your cute suit!

    I see you found Toddie's practice blog!!! I was trying to get one going for the millionth time, and I was seriously falling asleep in bed with the lap top... Todd told me that if I didn't hurry and name it that he was going to. I didn't know that he actually did it!! But be sure to be on the look out for more from the "big rolling turds!". HAHAHAHA LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Susy could not stop laughing when I told her I had people comment about "the rolling turds"

    So does Rex not have a suit, he looks way to hot! Is it still really hot there? Did Tan the Man stay home?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, Tanner stayed home. He had to fulfill his duties as a dishwasher at the good ol' Pizza Factory. He was pretty bummed-out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO fun! I have this feeling that your Mom and Dad may be in AZ more during the year then they are in UT! It's that grandbaby drawl! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts