Confession


If there were such a thing as a support group for sugar-aholics, my husband would sign me up.

Sometimes I eat popsicles in the shower because I especially love them when they are just starting to melt and I love to shower...what a great combo!

I beg my husband to eat oreos or ice cream with me at night. They just taste better when some else is eating too!

I drink diet coke or pepsi like every day. Sometimes if we go out I just order water (I know I should drink more!) but then I just end up drinking my husband's diet coke.

There is a grocery store here in Phoenix called Sprouts. It's sort of a farmer's market store with lots of great fresh fruit and veggies. At least that's why I think most people go there. I found they have a lots of great bulk candy and all of my favorites: chocolate covered almonds, really soft gummies, black licorice (red too!) just to name a few. I try to convince Jared I go there for the veggies, but he's convinced it's for the candy.

Sometimes I tell Jared that me eating a cookie or candy before dinner is so logical. I can always find room for dessert and I know I won't over-eat if I just eat the dessert first. He keeps asking me what I'm going to say when Marley wants to eat dessert first.

I just love treats and find all sorts of ways to justify my candy consumption: eating extra veggies and eating extra healthy for my other foods (brown rice, whole wheat pasta, etc).


So today when I did some laundry and found these wrappers, I couldn't really blame Jared for not emptying out his pockets. Oops!

What is your confession?

Comments

  1. Me too, Heidi. I too cannot stop. At the end of the pack of diet coke I always tell myself I will quit, I drink too much. But then the stupid Target (not really stupid, because I love it) puts their diet coke on sale. I justify it any way I can and get myself another case. Or when I do lapse in buying a case for the house I end up at Sonic everyday for a 32 ouncer. hence spending more money in the process, so I should just buy another case. Now Ella will try to choose Diet Coke over sprite, I'm terrible.

    We can hopeless together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with ya'll...and not just the diet PEPSI (in my case), sugar too!!! Remember Heidi, when your parents were at convention and we'd(you,Bonnie,Ranae,and I)stay up til 2 or 3am and raid the pantry and freezer? Great times were had back then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree 100%. sometimes I even hide candy from Matt so he doesn't know how much candy I ate. Not that he would care. I just make my self feel guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi, You did a fabulous job in sacrament yesterday, I didn't get a chance to tell you afterwards so I thought I would stop by here and say so! We still want to have you guys over for dinner sometime. Did I tell you I found out there's another family in the Biltmore Ward and the husband is doing his residency? They have 3 little kids I think. I believe their name is Mangum. Ask me for the details and I'll tell you what I know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this cup I call a thirst buster! Yep I think it's about a 72 ounce. I tell myself that if I drink one of those of water then its okay to get a re-fill. But I have to be proud of one thing, when I had Gabe 2 1/2 years ago I stoped drinking caffeine and haven't had it since. So I drink colored water as Derek would say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember thinking the same thing as Jared about your eating dessert before dinner. :) How funny, that just brought back a lot of memories. I saw your family at church this Sunday. I couldn't believe how much older your siblings are now. It has been so long since I have seen them in person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sprouts has the same effect on me... though I love the veggies and love getting the sugar-free candy for Shayne.

    I think all the sugar is ok if you've got a nice balance... which sounds like you do! Good Luck with Marley girl though!!! One of Ava's first bigger words was "CHOCOLATE!" So I've helped that situation by buying the trail mix with M&M's in it along with nuts and raisins. I make her eat it ALL if she wants more. Of course she eats the M&M's first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have done a sweet fast before and I had withdrawal symptoms (cranky):). It seems like once you start you just want more. How can you eat just one if it tastes so good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, again. So Shad's TDY in San Antonio this week and he met someone that knows Jared. He can't remember his name or anymore than that. But after asking him more he said he would see if he could meet him again and remember his name this time.

    Small world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wait until Marley can talk, the frist thing jadyn says when she wakes up in the morning is "nandy?" then she runs to the kitchen points up to the candy jar and says "chocolate". I hear the phrase "more nandy please" more than anything else.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts