If you play with fire you might get BURNED!


My husband thinks that he is exempt from this concept. I started to think that brown people were exempt from being burned too until this weekend. We went down to Jared's parent's house for a luau to celebrate graduation.

(In the picture above Jared and I are standing with our niece, Caitlin, who just graduated from high school. We're standing next to the roasting pig.)

Jared brought his fireknife along to do his fireknife dance.

First of all I have to explain his parent's place. Like many Arizona homes, his parents do not have grass. Their yard is cement and rocks. I had no idea that this was a very dangerous setting to light a knife on fire and dance around with it. Jared was feeling confident in his fireknife skills having just performed the fireknife for some friends a few weeks prior.

With Marley in one arm and our video camera in the other I start filming Jared. He quicky put some fuel in his mouth, lit one end of the knife and spit the fuel into the knife. It was a bit windy. Through the video camera I first see the knife light on fire and all the sudden there are 2 things on fire...the other being Jared's face. Keep in mind that there is no grass. He throws his knife and starts rolling around on the cement. This does not help. Finally his sister grabs the small towl Jared had brought outside and wraps it around his head.

I was FREAKING out! Jared wouldn't even let me see him for a long time. He didn't want to scare me, but I could smell the burnt flesh and hair. He's burnt from his neck to his belly button. He wouldn't even let me post any pics right away. He keeps saying it looks worse than it is.

Comments

  1. Oh no!!! And Jared looked so good doing it out here! Hopefrully he heals up soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi and Jared, we are hope that it's not too bad! Hopefully, Jared will start listening to you Heidi. We miss you guys already.

    Jackson and Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that is so scary! I would be freaking out too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're glad that you are o.k. Jared!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We hope that Jared gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I hope he is all right! I would have been beside myself, that is a bummer about your trip. But husbands are more important!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you are doing okay?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Jared, that's terrible. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts